Monday, March 17, 2008

Pot of gold

This is a tradition that our family does for St. Patrick's Day. We all color a rainbow together and then grab our
"pot" and hide it. We then take the rainbow that we made and tape it near the pot. Then when the leprechauns come to our house. They look to see if we have a rainbow. If they see the rainbow then they leave a treasure in the pot. Of coarse their favorite color is green so they leave us green treasure and gold too. All through out the day the kids would frequently check to see if they had visited our house yet. After a lot of "Not yets!" When they open the lid and the treasure is there they are soooo surprised and excited! This is so fun. We have done this the last three years. It has been a big hit. I think mom is just as excited as the kids! :) So after three years of success we have decided to make this a tradition. For as long as the magic last! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun idea! I might have to steal that for next year. Though that's just what my kids need, more candy. Though honestly, I should be saying that's just what I need, since I'm sure I'd be the one eating most of it. You have the best ideas!

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea!! Eliza is still young but I think we'll adopt this as a tradition. It's too cute to pass up and makes St. Patrick's day more fun than just wearing green (since we're not a drinking culture!).

Emily said...

Too fun, and a great picture- I'm impressed you got all 4 of them together looking so green and cute! Of course, you have everything in ship shape, even with Orange gone!

Heather said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! That sounds like fun though. I like the idea that they share and don't each get their own.

Linds said...

So cute and clever! You're kids are getting to big, I can't believe it!

Monique said...

Who's that other boy with you? AAAAK! That is "baby" Adrik?? Can't wait to see you in May. Love your ideas. You are one creative lady!

Lucy said...

Oh this is soooo fun!! You are awesome with the traditions!! :)