.JPG)

Easter was pretty good this year. Mom is a little worn out after trying my hardest to uphold as many traditions as I could possible manage on my own. After we had our first kids and I went completely over board, spending a lot of money and putting a lot of work into making it
spectacular. I noticed my children were perfectly content shaking the plastic
Easter eggs and hearing them rattle.

So I decided then and there that I needed to scale it down and focus more on the true meaning of Easter. Yet still give the fun memories that I remembered as a child for my children. After some thought and consideration and coming
across something I made in Relief Society I came up with a plan for the next Easter. So after trying it out and having success it of coarse was implemented into Warner tradition. So our tradition is as follows: We have a notebook (mom made) that is called "The week of the Atoning
Sacrifice" We start the Sunday before Easter and read about each event that lead up to the
Crucifixion of the Savior and his resurrection which of coarse lands us on Easter Sunday. We do one day at a time and the notebook is complete with illustrations for the kids. Starting with "Palm Sunday" including the "Last supper" and "The Garden of
Gethsemane". So each night we read in our notebook until Christ is Resurrected on Easter. Saturday night we color a FEW eggs. And then the
Easter bunny visits while we sleep. The big thing the Easter bunny brings us is new church clothes to wear so we can look extra special on a special Sunday. By then the kids understand why it is a special Sunday. They get a new toothbrush a few plastic eggs with candy in them (limited candy) and ONE small toy. It is simple and predictable. (easy to stick too for the future) The Easter bunny hides the colored real eggs we did the night before and the egg hunt takes place AFTER church. I have found that trying to keep it simple is really the way to go and all that is really
necessary. Although carrying out the events on your own isn't easy no matter what you do. I must have been pretty occupied as I don't seem to have a picture of the baby!! He was in my arms as I was taking pictures of the others :( He had a cute haircut too! No matter how much you plan ahead and how hard you work there is always something right? (sigh)



5 comments:
Your girls dresses are so cute! You did a great job. I can't believe how exhausting it was to do Easter alone! From the ward Easter brunch, egg decorating, Easter morning, church. And of course trying to get the real meaning in there somewhere. I hear ya! :)
The girls look so beautiful and Cort is handsome in his little outfit! Is the baby sitting on the couch in the top picture or is that a very realistic doll? Happy Easter! P.S. I love all of your family traditions - I am totally stealing some of your ideas!
Jamie, you are so funny! The baby on the couch is Kort. I included that older picture to show evidence of going over board at Easter. The baby missing is our current baby boy Adrik!
Des, I loved you post and pictures. Your kids look absolutly adorable. Look how good you're doing all by yourself! I didn't even get pictures of the girls in their dresses and Ben's Easter outfit was waaay to huge!
Good job posting! Natalie is HUGE. Is she going to Kindergarten next year? :)jk For some reason she looks really old to me. Easter is a great holiday with a great meaning. You are such a great mom and I love that you are "scaling back" though you still do a ton of stuff. :)
Post a Comment