And we have success!

And then there's his first fish. He had gotten a fishing pole for his birthday back in March. So we tried to get him out where he could use it as often as he could.
We also had Bristols blessing.

Yet another HORRIBLE family picture for blessing day. I should do a post of all our children's blessing days. Each family picture is awful. I guess we couldn't break tradition!
We had a snow cone shack here where we lived. Our family provided lots of business this summer. The popular flavor for us was Strawberry colada......yum!! I love the stands that have the real snow and not the shaved ice. It is so much better I think.

We took a family trip up to Park City where we got a hotel with a full size hot tub in the room. That was a lot of fun.

We also visited a moon bounce park (which I despise!!) So ok.....maybe that is a little harsh. I hate how inviting they are to kids but horribly expensive. Gabby struggles with these because of her muscle tone. If another kid gets too close behind or in front of her she falls down in the hole they are making. So mom or dad has to go with to help her which is kinda annoying. But then there are the really strict owners from time to time that wont let you step foot to help your child if they need help....also annoying. Trying to make a fun trip we decided to pay for a half hour so the kids could have some fun. It didn't take long for me to start taking mental notes. Note to self: Always take kids to the bathroom before the short expensive time starts. Also, wear socks.....if they slide too fast it's like getting a rubber burn. AND.....Don't ever go in the middle of the day with no shady trees around. These things get smokin hot! my kids all came home with burnt feet. Fun times:)
This little guy turned the big 2 this summer. Hard to believe. He will seriously crack you up just by opening his mouth. He is a hilarious little thing that talks none stop.....hmm wonder where he gets that from?
Natalie started dance class this summer. She is doing ballet and Jazz. She really likes the twirling part of ballet.
School started for us like it did for many of you. Gabby started 1st grade.
Kort started the big Kindergarten. He insisted on holding up the sign for "K" to represent Kindergarten
And Natalie also started preschool.
We also celebrated another birthday. My little baby turned 7 this year! So very hard to believe and yet another reminder of how fast time flies!
We got to visit the Blackfoot fair. Grandpa was the vet for the horse races and we got an awesome deal on tickets. We went and took the kids to see all the fun stuff their dad did and saw when he was a kid.

The rides were a hit for the kids.
Here's me and my big sense of accomplishment. My first race after having my 5th child. Man it's tough to get back into physical activity after having a baby. But I survived and had a good time running with Brooke and Julia. Thanks guys for running with me! Oh, and for being such great sister-in-laws too. Love ya!!
Then Gabby decides she wants a little bit of the Tooth fairy action herself. She also loses her first tooth.
Success!
Last but not least is what our family calls "The princess of the pack". She is pure joy. Growing so fast, she is 4 mos old and now eligible for the wall of fame. We have a picture of each of the kids at 4mos old. We can compare and see how much they resemble each other. Hard to believe I couldn't wait for Spring to come to a close so I could no longer be pregnant with her. Now summer is over and here she is smiling, laughing (hard) grabbing things, putting everything in her mouth. Chattering none stop and keeping our days full of love and smiles. What a blessing she is!
So again....."That's a Wrap" Welcome Autumn!!
question? Do you say Fall or Autumn?
question? Do you say Fall or Autumn?

7 comments:
You are so amazing, doing all that stuff with FIVE kids. It's hard for me to brave the world with four. What I love about you is your determination to have something to look forward to. It's a great lesson for me. No matter what, make it happen!! :)
Can't wait to see you in just a FEW months!
Great post, with so many fun milestones. And as always you seem to be managing 5 kids wonderfully! Camping!?! I'm so impressed!
I say fall. I love fall also! I have already roasted some pumpkin seeds! I love the blessing picture, and Natalie's face in it!
I have been dreading doing what you just did. Posting about and re-capping the entire summer. I've sorta neglected my blog. But you did a great job. I bet you have cable internet don't you? DSL just isn't cutting it for me when it comes to uploading photos. Your kids are adorable and so grown up, I hardly recognized, Kort, Natalie or Adrik. Seriously! I love your love and passion for the Fall season. You are so cute. So many milestones this year for you guys. You seem to be doing great. Can't wait to see you soon :)
I loved reading the recap. I really do admire how you still do such fun things with your kids--I'm stretched and I have TWO! That's it!
You guys all look amazing--and seriously? Kort is losing TEETH? Quit growning up, kid!!!
Wow, you look a little like supermom! I've missed you! I know you're passing by my home frequently, and I want to get together! For some reason, I don't have your phone # saved on my phone. Will you email it to me?
Wow!! I LOVED this post. It just makes me feel so old to know that we were there just after you had Kort. And it also reminds me how AMAZING you are. Really truly. You always seem so modest when someone tells you that, but you are! That first tree picture almost looks like you have quadruplets! Awww. How I do love FALL.
Post a Comment