Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Happenings

We have had some wet days this summer. I have loved every minute of it. In my book, it has been perfect. We have had warm sunny mornings and then by nap time as I am laying down kids and myself for a quick nap...the thunderstorms roll in:) This has been a daily thing for weeks now. With all the storms and moisture, mother nature has left lots of these behind and my kids have been so excited! What a beautiful earth.At the beginning of the month, Kort participated in his first true race. A kids fun run which is a 1K . He had both sets of grandparents here to cheer him on and he did awesome. I was so jealous. It was a little too soon after baby for mom to run the 5k like I did last year.








Yard work. Not typically the funnest of projects. Though we have had quite the strawberry crop this year. The whole family has really enjoyed picking and eating the strawberries that have grown. I am so glad Orange is home to help this year. Last year seemed like such a waste as I just couldn't get to them like I needed to.














Speaking of Strawberries....look how quickly this one is growing!







p.s. Bristol does not like it when I blog...she screamed through this whole post.









6 comments:

Monique said...

I love that little strawberry of yours. Bristol is gorgeous! Those summer days remind me of Colorado growing up with those double rainbows and afternoon showers. :) Enjoy!

Harmony said...

Bristol is sooo cute! I say this on everyone's blog, but I can't believe how big she already looks. Can't they stay teeny forever?

Your summer storms sound amazing--we get them here but it's just hot, humid rain. Blech.

I love your updates--too bad Bristol doesn't! ;-)

The Galan Family said...

Nice to finally see an update. I know you're not busy or anything with FIVE kids!! I didn't realize you guys had strawberry bushes right there in front. That is so awesome! It was great to talk to you the other day and I know we still need to chat:) That bench out in front of your house will always remind me of those pictures we all took together. Good times. Bristol is so cute and is getting so big. Isn't is so nice to have a husband around? Glad you guys are doing well.

Beth said...

OH Bristol is a dollface! Can we get her and Kemper together ;] And I can't believe how big Kort is! He'll always be nursery age in my mind... the rain has been great here to, it cools off in the evening, I love this weather! Glad to see an update :]

Emily said...

She is soo sweet! We loved the huge rainbow when we left your house.

MMThueson said...

wow you are like a super mom to me! way to go Kort! Bristol is adorable! My kids love the rainbows too!!