Monday, July 6, 2009

Let's Celebrate


This year, Orange was so excited to get to watch the fireworks with the kids as I always am. It was a pretty awesome time as we had camped three days before and came home in time to get ready for the celebration. I have a deeper appreciation for the freedom that is a privilege for all of us to enjoy. I have a special place in my heart for those that have and will continue to sacrifice for this amazing nation. I think often of my friends and family who are away from their loved ones serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. I hope that their service will be safe and they will return home to enjoy the next 4th of July with their families. For some reason I thought about a news clip that happen back on Sept. 11th when a husband called his wife on his cell phone....the call ended with "I'm not going to make it out...I love you!" God bless those fighting for this family and all of us. Happy Birthday America!!

3 comments:

Monique said...

You always give the right perspective at the appropriate times. Thanks. psst! I love the blonde!!

Linds said...

Cute posts, it sounds like you are doing well and enjoying all your family time!

Harmony said...

I LOVE your hair! Gorgeous--is it a new cute? New color? You know I'm not around you enough when I have to ask stuff like that!

Your 4th of July sounds fantastic--I can't think of anyone who deserves it more! Happy Birthday America!