We decided to take a detour on our trip home from the train ride. Orange and I had never been to the Grand Canyon and we were only an hour away so we decided....why not? It is beautiful and really really big! I was a bit nervous at times to have my little kids just a rail away from....yeah a really deep drop off! And it was icy on the stone steps down to the look out spots. It wasn't too crowded being that is was the off season. There were a few tour buses with some elderly people who laughed as our kids would make comments like "Don't get too close cause you could fall and DIE!" I realized as we were leaving the National Park that I didn't see any other LITTLE kids there!! What can we say? We just drag them around as we haven't lost our sense of adventure. Crazy because we are so outnumbered. What's the saying? We just keep going and going and going......
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Detour
We decided to take a detour on our trip home from the train ride. Orange and I had never been to the Grand Canyon and we were only an hour away so we decided....why not? It is beautiful and really really big! I was a bit nervous at times to have my little kids just a rail away from....yeah a really deep drop off! And it was icy on the stone steps down to the look out spots. It wasn't too crowded being that is was the off season. There were a few tour buses with some elderly people who laughed as our kids would make comments like "Don't get too close cause you could fall and DIE!" I realized as we were leaving the National Park that I didn't see any other LITTLE kids there!! What can we say? We just drag them around as we haven't lost our sense of adventure. Crazy because we are so outnumbered. What's the saying? We just keep going and going and going......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You guys are so adventurous. When was this vacation? And where were you going? I've never seen the Grand Canyon either.
Where's your update girl?? how are you??!
You look sooo beautiful. Natalie is your little "mini me." I can't believe you have been gone for so long. Wasn't it around this time we drove around trying to find a Starbucks that had Carmel Apple Cider? mmmm
Post a Comment