Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Worst Mother award!

Awe....she looks so peaceful and innocent doesn't she??? There's a reason she is still sleeping although the others have been up for some time. I....have just not made the discovery yet as to WHY at the moment of taking this picture. Present evidence below.......




This picture would be of Orange's laptop that we bought him as a promotion present for picking up E7. Also, so he would have all his computer needs taken care of while over in Afghanistan. Why do I have it you might ask? Well, when he came home for leave back in August he said he wanted to leave it with me...so it would be safe! He didn't like having it out with all the dust and sand for all the money we spent on it.
The black tube happens to be my concealer ($48) I just received in the mail last Wednesday. The brush is something I had wanted for a very long time but could never bring myself to spend the money on it. My mother-in-law bought it for me for Christmas. (RUINED)
When I made this discovery I of coarse GASPED! but I stayed amazingly calm. I told myself I was late for church and I would deal with this later. Well, I am still a little upset and frazzled but I try to block it from my mind as I am running up the stairs to get ready for church. It is then I see Adrik reach for Natalies Princess and she completely shoves him down. I yell at her to get in the corner and she of coarse is defiant. So I go to physically put her in the corner and I nail my NOT so funny bone on the stair railing....HARD! During this time Natalie is yelling that she doesn't want to go in the corner cause theres spiders (a common excuse they use for not wanting to go there). I yell back in pain "Good, I hope they get you!" Ya, I know....I was shocked myself but I was busy attending to her crying victim (Adrik) and trying to get away so I could cool off. So, there you have it. Anyone care to second my nomination for worst mother award?

6 comments:

The Galan Family said...

Is that your smashbox makeup? Oh I am so sorry. I hope the computer still works. It looks like she didn't get much makeup in any vital crevices. And at least it wipes away. You are waaaaay more patient than I am. Oh an I like your scentsy candle. Aren't those the best? Hope you are hanging in there. The worst thing that happened here while Perry was gone was Andrew using a candle to write with wax all over our plasma television screen. You are not a bad mother.

Nielsen Familia said...

oh boy, I would say you stayed amazingly calm. In fact if that's all your reaction was, you get the best mother award! Good job! Natalie just knows how to get to you! It's a science she's perfected. I'm sorry... Are you still going to try to make it out before Christmas? I know it's getting kind of late, and it's ok if you can't make it, I was just wondering about your plans.

Lucy said...

Um. I refuse to judge any mother.

I repeatedly tell my children I'm the worst mother in the world. I freely admit it, and then they tell me, when in trouble, I'm the worst mother in the world, and I fully agree.

I figure it's training ground and I'll be a good mother to them when I'm 70.

I did notice Natalie has very few blemishes, she looks good. wink wink.

Monique said...

Sometimes I feel like I have to write "Choice Spirit" with a BIG black Sharpee marker across my kids' foreheads to remind me to be patient with them. And I would like to say that you passed the Patience Test #387 with flying colors! A plus plus! :)

What is this candle Sarah speaks of??

Emily said...

OH DES! What a naughty thing for her to do! In my opinion, you did nothing terrible! I would have started listing her Christmas presents on line to pay for replacements;)

Harmony said...

Oh my gosh! I thought this was paint first, but that fact that it's spendy makeup is way WORSE!

You are NOT a bad mother. The fact that you were trying to deal with it later (instead of hot-headed me. Do it while steaming angry? Yes, please)

So, did the laptop make it? Either way, it's going to have a fabulous skin day! ;-)